/>

November 30, 2014

BookBlogWriMo | Wrap-up


Welcome to Day 30 of BookBlogWriMo! Sadly, this is the last day of this challenge, but not the last time we will be participating in an amazing challenge by Book Bumblings!

This fantastic challenge was hosted by Book Bumblings. She had the idea to try and get bloggers into the NaNoWriMo spirit, without making us want to pull out all of our hair. And, she succeeded! I think the challenge was an amazing success!

If you have no idea what I am talking about, you should check out our intro post. It explains the challenge and has the links to all of our other posts.

Thanks to this challenge, we got back into the habit of blogging. I might even say that we are still here because of this challenge. We found our motivation (it was hiding underneath a pile of old books) and made new goals for the future.

Feedback

As I said before, I loved this challenge and thought that it was a huge success for our blog. We had more traffic and gained a lot of followers. More importantly, I made new blogger friends!
The daily topics were diverse and never got boring. 

The only complaint that I have is that I wish that there was an easy way for participants to connect. I had trouble finding the other participant's posts. Apparently, if you have a Facebook page (which is what I use for the blog), then you cannot join a group. I was not aware of this until Facebook denied me access to the BookBlogWriMo group. I also found that not a lot of people were using #BookBlogWriMo. 

Since we enjoyed this challenge so much, we would love to participate in Book Bumblings' newest scheme, which was inspired by BookBlogWriMo. 

We would be happy to participate (or even help) with BookBlogWriMo next year.

All of the previous BookBlogWriMo posts are listed here:

Day 1: History of Crazy for YA
Day 2: How We Read
Day 3: Where We Read
Day 4: Why We Read and Why We Blog
Day 5: Where We Blog
Day 6: Our Favorite Childhood Books
Day 7: Our Blog's First Design
Day 8: My Blogging Toolkit
Day 9: My Blogging Workflow
Day 10: Memes we Meme
Day 11: Our Top Ten Most Popular Posts
Day 12: Advice for Newbie Blogger
Day 13: Our Review Process
Day 14: Our Ratings System
Day 15: Favorite Blogging Things
Day 16: Least Favorite Blogging Things
Day 17: Our Favorite Book Tropes
Day 18: Our Favorite Subgenres
Day 19: My TBR List
Day 20: Best Books of 2014
Day 21: Our First Reviews
Day 22: Show Me Your Shelves
Day 23: Our Book Boyfriend Criteria
Day 24: Our Reading Cave Fantasies
Day 25: How I Deal With Book Hangovers
Day 26: Cheating on Book: Our Favorite Movies and TV Shows
Day 27: Authors We Are Thankful For
Day 28: Book Pet Peeves
Day 29: The Future of Crazy for YA

If you want to see what the other participants did, I recommend using the Linky below. The links will take you to their introduction posts, which have links to all of the other posts.


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I wish there was a better way to keep up with all the posts. I mean, I can catch up to everyone's blogs (like what I'm doing right now) but it would've been more interactive if bloghops are done as the posts are put up. But hey, it's the first time so there's room for improvement! :)

    ~ Cate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I think weekly wrap-up blog hops would have worked too, instead of just keeping them on Facebook. We might also want to expand to other social media next year too.
      Thanks for visiting! Now I have to go try to catch up with everyone else's posts too!

      Delete